Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Prodical story.

The Prodigal story.
Luke 15:11-32
 
I pray that God will speak of His love to you as He has to me.
 
God does not condemn us.  It is by His goodness that we come to repentance.  The prodigal son went back to his father not to be reconciled to his father but because he was hungry and knew that even his fathers hired servants had more than enough to eat.  So he went to his fathers house with a rehearsed speech but after he had said father I have sinned against you and heaven before he could finish saying he would work his way to receive anything.  He received a robe, sandals, ring and a party. We do not receive grace and mercy by anything we do including repenting.  Had the son repented before the father who saw him from a distance came running (God is constantly looking out to see if we will come to Him).  We need to agree with God that we have missed the mark in other words sinned.  Knowing we deserve none of God's goodness if we deserve anything it is His righteous anger.  After all we have done we receive God's mercy and grace and in doing so we repent by choose to walk in His light rather than our darkness.  Let me put it another way.  Once I got burned out from the pain I felt from the choices I've made I came to God hoping to find a little bit of sanity from the chaos that has became my life.  I knew that by witnessing other children of God it is possible that I might be required to do good works in order to receive from God.  I realized it doesn't work like that once I confessed that I had sinned and believe that Jesus died for my sins every last stinking one of them.  I was robed with Christ's blood, and in putting on that robe I have put on righteousness, healing, love.  The list goes on.  All I know is that our Father in heaven loves us and I out of love for Him chose to obey Him.  I also know that it is only by the power of His Holy Spirit that I am able to do so.  Guess what that means there's no pressure to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment